DIRECT LINE OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY - 01302 811188
Prescriptions are available from the surgery:
- via the practice online system (see reception for details and password)
- by posting your request with a stamped addressed envelope
- by calling into the surgery
- at your local chemist (ask your local chemist for details of this service)
We also take your prescriptions requests on our 24-hour dedicated line (01302 811188) although a large number of our patients prefer to use one of the methods above. Please remember to order all your medication at the same time and quote the names of your medication.
Prescriptions are available for collection two working days after ordering. From time to time the doctor or our resident pharmacist may wish to see you before a further prescription is issued. In that case the receptionists will ask you to make an appointment with the doctor or our pharmacist.
NHS Electronic Prescription Service
We are now able to send prescriptions electronically to a nominated pharmacy.
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from the practice you will not have to visit the practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, we will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Please ask your pharmacist for further details.
Online Repeat Prescription
SystmOnline is a free on-line service that can provide you with on-line ordering of repeat medication. Click here for more information.